Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Spring Is Almost Here...What?




I can't believe that spring is just around the corner. It seemed like it would never come, and now we're just a few days away from March. I'm a little nervous that baby Collin will be making his debut in just 9 short (sometimes longish feeling) weeks. I have diapers and bottles, but I also have a very long list of things to check on, organize, and buy before he gets here. I can feel my blood pressure rising by just typing that. Better get on it!

This pregnancy has definitely been very different from my first two, especially the second and third trimesters. I'm altogether way more exhausted. Thank you anemia! The nausea that finally went away after 5 months has started to return in the morning. What's up with that? I've also had to take an unexpected trip to the women's center for stress induced preterm labor. I'm working on limiting any extra responsibilities, but work alone is enough to stress me out! Fingers crossed and lots of prayers that baby Collin stays put for a good while longer.

In recent McLain news, my boy wonder competed in his class spelling bee, which he won. Then, he competed against the top two fourth and fifth graders from each class in our school spelling bee. He placed first runner up, and we were shocked and so very proud of him. I knew he was a strong speller, but I didn't realize how good he was. All that reading has really paid off!

Next week, McLain will start his third season of soccer. He's really excited, but I'm a little less than thrilled to have to run him to practices and games. However, maybe that will make the time until the third manly Brooks arrives go a little faster.

In November, Keaton started going to Cheatham Hill ES for speech services. I have been worried about his speech since he was about 12 months old, so I am very appreciative of his being able to work on his articulation well before he gets to kindergarten. So long Curious George/Caveman talk!

On February 7th, we celebrated Keaton's fourth birthday with the family. His big request for the day was to go to the "Beans Re-Ta-Want." The boy really loves refried beans and would eat them three times a day if I let him. We are planning on having his actual birthday party with friends this Friday at an aquatic center. He loves to swim almost as much as he loves beans, so I know he'll have a great time. Who wouldn't want to swim in the winter?

No comments: