Sunday, September 29, 2013

So This Beautiful Friend of Mine Got Married...

On Friday, one of my most most favorite people on the planet got married, and I got to be her matron of honor. I had my toast for the reception all typed up in my pocket and ready to read, but at the end of the night, I realized that the moment had slipped everyone's mind, including mine. So I quietly tip toed to the bridal suite, and tucked my toast in the bride's makeup bag, because I wanted her to know how much her friendship means to me. When we were all packing up to leave, she found it early, read it, and we had a good hug and cry/snort filled laugh about it. I love you, Grainger! I'm toasting you now! 


   I have known Kristin for 8 years, since we were both new, 2nd grade teachers with single wide trailers for classrooms. Over the years, weve shared a lot of laughter, a lot of intense episodes of Desperate Housewives, and a ridiculous number of sarcastic comments. We have been together through births, baptisms, grade level changes, and break ups. I am so excited that God has finally blessed Kristin with a great man, a man who makes her laugh often and often until she snorts. Im grateful that hes a man who may not be perfect but who is absolutely perfect for her. May you both be as happy in your next fifty years together as you are today. I love you and congratulations.






No comments: