Saturday, June 20, 2015

Happy Father's Day, Clayboy!

When Clay and I were dating, about a million and half years ago, he and I talked about having kids. Since we both came from families with three kids, we agreed that three was a pretty good number. I even drew pictures of our future babies, all three of them:


Fast forward all these married years later, and I can't believe we have five children. FIVE. Five was never our plan, especially when we were dating with stars in our eyes at 21, but WOW. I'm so glad that all these funny and loud kids were a part of God's plan for our family that we didn't see coming.


Clay has always been a great dad, quick to change a disgusting, poop-up-the-back diaper whenever needed or to tuck our big herd in at night with prayers. He doesn't shy away from cribs covered in vomit or big drooly kisses. He's a good man, and I wouldn't want to share this chaotic journey with anyone else.

Happy Father's Day, Clay! We love you!







No comments: