Sunday, November 6, 2011

Still Thankful :)









Day Six

I am very grateful for the 33 years I got to spend with my grandmother. She taught me a lot, including how to make a fierce sock-it-to-me pound cake and how a smart cooks cleans as she goes, so her kitchen isn't a mess when her meal is done. My grandmother also gave me some very important wedding advice. She said, "Be careful what chores you pick when you get married. You'll be stuck doing them for the next fifty years." Thanks to her I chose laundry, not dishes! I miss her a lot, but I'm grateful to know that I'll see her again. :)

2 comments:

j.hall said...

so sweet.
And some really great marriage advice I'll have to keep in mind while Matthew and I settle into our "married life routines" Thanks for sharing :)

Ashley Brooks said...

Awwww, I'm glad you read this post. I started to share her words of marriage wisdom in a card on your wedding day, but I didn't want to make you sad. Grandmama definitely would tell you to choose carefully too! :)