Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thankful 30...





Day Twenty-Seven

Today, I am thankful for my in-laws, all four of them. I have the best. Period. I've been fortunate to watch my sister-in-laws grow up over the years. My first memory of meeting them was when they were three and five. When I went to pick up Clay for our first date (no, he was not old enough to drive!), Courtney opened the door, wearing only her underpants. I didn't know then that she was going to grow up to be my sister-in-law and my Keaton's anti-clothes wearing soul mate! When they were older, I baby-sat the girls. I remember filling up water balloons and helping Ashley stuff her bra with them. I'll be nice and not post a picture of that day! Thank you Lord for the only kind of sisters I have!

I love my mother-in-law, because she has burned more bread than any other person I know. A meal just doesn't seem right at her house if the bread isn't at least a little crispy. Plus, I think Mimi loves my boys more than I do if that's possible. I have to adore my father-in-law, because he is more sensitive than any girl I know and owns his weepiness without shame. Pop-Pop also plays air guitar every Sunday at church, which cracks me up, and he is a fierce fisherman who has passed his passion along to McLain. They are both great people with big hearts. Thank you Lord for my in-laws who raised the man I love so well!

No comments: