Monday, November 7, 2011

Thankful 30...



Day Seven

I am very grateful for Henry Clay Brooks IV. It seems like we've been together forever, but it's really only been about 12 1/2 years. It's nice to be with someone who knows me so well that when I'm stressed, he knows that the best strategy is to set a bowl of chocolate mint ice cream beside me and then walk away to give me space. I love that Clay knows how to make me laugh hard enough to generate my very unladylike snort. I also really appreciate how no one else understands or appreciates my quirkiness quite like he does. He's a great husband (even if he is still messy after eleven married years of reminders to take out the trash), a very hard worker, and a fabulous dad to our three boys. Thank you God for making sure Clay and I took American Lit together all those years ago.

No comments: